Saturday, April 2, 2011

Denver Trippin'

Now, I have never taken the obligatory Cancun/Cabo/Wonderful Warm Place MTV bikini Spring Break trip. The best I ever mustered was perhaps the odd trip to California to visit a boyfriend or family and ease my feeling of homesickness while still adjusting to Oregon. Nothing entirely special or out of the ordinary. This year, however, I thought I ought to do something during this glorious week off, especially since it would be my last sanctioned Spring Break of college life for an indeterminate amount of time. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! My star-sis Vanessa and I had been pining for each other for nearly seven years...we had the itch to see each other BAD...so on a whim, I bought a ticket to Denver and a few weeks later, away I went. Here is a sampling of only some of the sights we encountered on our many many adventures:


The skulls festooning Flossy McGrew's



This place was out of control!


Denver is so very different than other cities...


An alley behind Twist & Shout Records, wheatpasted with photography




Everyone's a critic!


Ben the Fluff Puff, the world's floppiest, most docile creature

A bit of Vanessa's art and collection of treasures...


Milo, looking handsome as ever


Vanessa and Bryan, the cutest kids this side of Venus


A rockin' mirror that Bryan picked up for Vanessa

***

T'was a most action-filled trip, indeed! I miss Vanessa like the dickens....all of my lovelies scattered in the general diaspora from the disagreeable place of our youth; how we miss each other so! Five days simply was not enough time to be with my dear friend. I will be back in the land of Denver and the bosom of my adopted star-family soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment